Styling your rings can get complicated sometimes. If you’re looking for a guide on how to flawlessly style your rings, make sure to read the following tips.
Use a Ring-Sizer to Find the Appropriate Size For a Ring
Ring-sizers are plastic sheets with an assortment of different sizes on them, which you can use to find the appropriate fit for your finger. These are typically available at every jewelry counter. Keep in mind that your ring should fit your finger comfortably, and not forcibly. It needs to be comfy enough so that it stays on, but loose enough to slide off the knuckle without much hassle.
Know on Which Hand and Finger You Should Wear Your Rings
- Which hand should you pick for your ring? Traditionally, wedding bands and engagement rings are worn on the left hand in Western countries
- Wear statement rings on the little finger: The little finger really makes an attractive ring pop. A ring on your little finger make for a ceehrful and fun look, particularly with a wide band.
- Wear smaller bands on your middle finger: Make sure it's a small and thin band, so it doesn’t interfere with your regular activities.
- Wear weddings bands and engagement rings on the "ring" finger: Typically, this is done on the left hand. Avoid giving the wrong impression by choosing the right hand for your rings.
- Wear larger flashy rings on the index finger or thumb: Large stones can be worn on the index finger to grab other’s attention. Wearing a ring on these fingers can make a statement in a great way, as in some cultures it is a sign of abundance and wealth.
Styling Your Rings: Everything You Need to Know
Now that you have understood where you should wear your accessories, take a look at these helpful pointers on how to match your rings with your clothes.
- Wear cocktail or statement rings as a formal feature: These rings are bigger and bolder than your average ring. These are meant to be worn alone.
- Match your ring to your outfit: Rings should be used to bring forward the color scheme and formality of the outfit that you're wearing. Always determine which rings are appropriate based on how casual your outfit is.
- Wear simple bands when paired with other accessories. Bands are casual, but can also be considered formal. These can be worn with other rings on the same hand, so don’t be afraid to experiment with them!
- Wear stackable rings with similarly styled rings. Stackable rings are a new fashion trend where several rings are layered on the same finger to create a nice cluster effect. Try avoiding this trend if you’re using stones. Also, keep a uniform style when choosing to wear rings this way.
- Balance larger rings with other statement pieces. Pair your rings with other accessories like cocktail earrings, for example.
- Mixing metals is certainly acceptable: Just keep it to a minimum.