Finding a good night time skin care routine is extremely important if you want to maintain a clear, beautiful skin that’s free from wrinkles and buildup. However, for some of us, creating the perfect night time skin care routine can be a little difficult. One of the most asked questions around is: “In which order do I need to apply the products to my face?”.
In this article, we will guide you on how to apply every product, and which one is right for your skin.
Some general information before starting
- Your night time skin care routine is about repairing the damage that your skin sustained during the day.
- If you skip your night time routine due to laziness, don’t complain when you notice new wrinkles and pimples on your face. Try doing your routine a little bit earlier, just after the sun goes down.
- After washing your face, you will have a 60-second window to put on your toner before it evaporates.
- Always use products that are unique for your skin type, and NEVER skip applying moisturizer at night. This will only result in water loss for your skin cells, which translates into the appearance of early aging signs on your skin.
- Facial oils are perfect for night time skin care routines because they don’t interfere with your sunscreen.
After reading the tips above, it’s time for you to dive into our complete step-by-step guide to an efficient and productive night time skin care routine.
Step 1: Use a Cleanser
At night, your skin will need to breathe after all the sebum (oil) that accumulated on it throughout the day. Try removing all your makeup, sunscreen, oil, bacteria, and other products by using a cleansing lotion.
Step 2: Treat Your Skin to a Mask
Although not many people are fond of masks, try setting one as part of your routine. This can be extremely beneficial for resetting the skin (especially if you’ve been wearing more makeup than usual!)
Just after cleansing at night, apply a facial mask and leave it on for 5-20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Use an Alcohol-Free Toner
Wipe your toner over the entire face and neck. Leave damp (never let it dry!) and then proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Use a Skin Serum for Your Skin Type
Use a specialized serum at night to increase the results of your skin care routine. Use a product from a reputable and ingredient-focused skin care brands.
Step 5: Moisturize
Any moisturizer that doesn’t contain sunscreen will be perfect for your night time skin care routine. Just make sure that it fits your skin type.
Step 6: Apply eye cream (optional)
A good nourishing eye cream will be excellent for your night routine since you don’t have to deal with sun exposure or makeup. After all, the eye area is the first place where wrinkles appear. After this step, apply your acne spot treatment, and you’re done!