Have you ever opened up a similar article only to find all the mask recipes contain ingredients you would never find in your kitchen? We have, and one time too many! That’s why we’ve decided to take matters into our own hands and share truly simple DIY recipes with the most universal ingredients possible. Now you can have the at-home spa night of your dreams with minimal effort!
- Avocado, plain yogurt, honey. Mix together one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of yogurt, and half of the avocado (meaning you can treat yourself to a slice of avocado toast while you wait for the mask to work its magic). Leave on for 15-20 minutes. This is an excellent hydrating mask for dry skin. You can also add a teaspoon or two of olive oil if you want some extra moisture.
- Oatmeal, honey, banana. Mash up half a banana and stir together with two tablespoons of uncooked oats and one teaspoon of honey. Again, you can help yourself to the rest of the banana. Leave on for 20-25 minutes. Use this mask for gently exfoliating and toning your skin if it hasn’t been looking its best - the oats will exfoliate and soothe, the banana and honey have antibacterial properties that are perfect for combatting blemishes and reducing redness. You can also substitute the banana for plain yogurt if it’s more convenient for you.
- Egg, honey, olive oil, oats. Stir together one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of olive oil, and a few tablespoons of uncooked oats. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. If you’re looking for a mask that’s just great overall for your skin, this is it. Egg yolk tightens pores, olive oil hydrates, and as we already know oats exfoliate and honey treats blemishes.
- Oil (olive/coconut), avocado, honey. Blend a few tablespoons of oil, half an avocado, and one tablespoon - but feel free to adjust the quantities based on the length/thickness of your hair. Leave on for 30 minutes. The oil hydrates, avocado nourishes, and honey adds shine so this is another one for all-over greatness.
- Coconut oil, olive oil, eggs. Stir two tablespoons of coconut oil and two tablespoons with one egg (again, adjust quantities as needed). Heat up the coconut oil if needed. Leave in for 20 minutes. Each of the oils have their own benefits: coconut oil strengthens, moisturizes, and prevents frizz while olive oil conditions and promotes hair growth. Eggs also contain proteins that moisturize hair and promote growth.
- Banana, honey, yogurt. Combine one banana, a few tablespoons of honey and a few tablespoons of yogurt. Leave on for 20-30 minutes. You could also use this on your face if you make too much! Use this mask if your hair is feeling dry and dull - the ingredients will help add moisture and shine to your locks.